Can Anyone Request a Full File Disclosure?
Research Services is a consumer reporting agency that follows the following procedure in regards to subjects inquiring about a Full File Disclosure.
Research Services will process full file disclosures on anyone we have run a report on prior to receiving the full file disclosure. Research Services is not a specialty consumer reporting agency which would allow consumers to request a free disclosure every 12 months.
In order to request a full file disclosure from Research Services we will need the following:
- Request must be in writing and mailed to Research Services, 124 Simsbury Rd, Avon, CT 06001.
- Full Name, Aliases, Social Security Number, Date of Birth, Driver’s License# & State Issued In.
- Current Street Address along with the mailing address the disclosure will be sent to.
- Phone Number, Email Address.
- Copy of an Identification Document (Driver’s License, State Issued ID Card, Social Security Card, Military ID Card & Passport.) Document need to be active and not expired.
- Copy of an Address Verifying Document (Utility Bill, Property Tax, Telephone Bill, Bank Statement, Credit Card Statement). Document needs to have matching name and address of requestor. Document should be a relatively recent document.
Research Services will include the sources of the information; except that the sources of information acquired solely for use in preparing an investigative consumer report and actually use for no other purpose need not be disclosed.
A. Identification of each person (including each end-user identified under section 607(e)(1) [ 1681e] that procured a consumer report;
- For employment purposes, during the 2 year period preceding the date on which the request is made; or
- For any other purpose, during the 1 year period preceding the date on which the request is made.
B. An identification of a person under subparagraph (A) shall include;
- The name of the person or, if applicable, the trade name(written in full) under which such person conducts business; and
- Upon request of the consumer, the address and telephone number of the person.
Research Services will send the full file disclosure back to the consumer within thirty days of receipt of request as long as the request is in writing and includes all of the information above to prove the identity of the requestor.